|You choose this procedure if:
- knowledge of the level of education suffices to apply for a job (applicable in most cases).
- you do not (no longer) have all the obligatory supporting documents needed for a specific recognition: for example, individuals with the status of asylum seeker, recognised refugee or subsidiary protected.
- there are no corresponding study programmes in Flanders (for example, mining engineer). Check here whether your study programme exists in Flanders.
- recognition of equivalence to a specific certificate is required for a particular job (in exceptional cases).
- if you want to work in a regulated profession (e.g. physician, nurse, architect, accountant, etc.) on the basis of a qualification earned outside the EEA.
- you want to use a protected title: e.g. industrial engineer, commercial engineer, master, civil engineer, civil engineer-architect, bioscience engineer, physician, dentist, veterinary surgeon, pharmacist, architect, interior architect, midwife, social worker etc.